Webhooks in Kajabi are URLs that link two apps together, automatically triggering an action in an app after completing and action in another app. For example, adding a contact to InfusionSoft using an Activation Webhook URL for a specific Offer in your Kajabi account will automatically grant the contact access to that Offer in Kajabi.
When troubleshooting Kajabi Webhooks, you may encounter the following payload errors:
- email: can’t be blank
- name: can’t be blank
- email: is invalid
Often, the solution is verifying that both the name and email are included on the webhook. It is also good practice to confirm the email is valid.
Follow this chart to successfully troubleshoot your Webhooks error.
Additional useful Information when troubleshooting Webhooks
- Webhooks always require the name and email the externaluserid is optional.
- The app prioritizes the externaluserid over the email, if present, the targeted user is the user with the externaluserid and not the email address.
- The easiest way of dealing with making the email and externaluserid match would be to use the email address as the externaluserid.
- Support can update all existing users externaluserid to be the email address.
- Going forward, the user needs to set up all webhooks/zaps to use the externaluserid.
- Case sensitivity of the email address no longer seems to be an issue.