Going Live to deliver your content within your Product is achievable using YouTube Live. By going Live your members will be able to learn course material in real-time.
In this article:
Before going Live
Before you go LIVE there are a few steps you will need to complete on your Youtube account. First, you want to make sure that the features Live Stream and Embed Live Streams are enabled in your account settings on Youtube.
Getting Your Embed Code
- Go to your Youtube Account and select the Camera Icon and then select Go Live and choose the set time for your Live Stream.
- Set the stream to unlisted or public.
- Go to the Watch Page (View on watch page link (lower right) in https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard).
- Click Share.
- Click Embed and copy the embed code.
An example embed code will look like this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XYZ123" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Creating a Permanent Embed Code
If you are planning on using the same Post to go live on more than one occasion, it may be helpful to set up a permanent URL for that specific Live.
To get a permanent URL, you'll need to edit the embed code to use the Channel ID rather than the User ID.
In this example, the User ID is "XYZ123" and the Channel ID is "12345":
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/live_stream?channel=12345" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You'll find the Channel ID by going here.
Add the edited embed code to your Post and open the website in a private browser window to check if the stream displays without error message.
Prepping your Post to Go Live
- From your Dashboard, choose the Products tab, then choose the Product you would like to go live in.
- Within that Product, select the specific Post where you would like to embed the Youtube Live.
- In the Post Builder, Scroll to the Body section and select the two < > source code brackets in the top left corner.
- Paste the Embed Code of your Youtube Live link when prompted.
- Press Save.