When setting up your custom domain, you will want to make sure that no matter if the "www." is entered or not, your Kajabi site will always be the endpoint. To ensure this happens, you will need to add a Forwarder to your Domain through the registrar that you are using to host your domain.
In this article:
Add a Forwarding Rule on Google Domains Overview
How to set up a URL Redirect on Google Domains
First, check and make sure your domain was set up properly in Kajabi:
- From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab.
- Then, click Custom Domains. Your domain should say Connected:
Next, you will need to log into your Google Domains account to access your DNS records:
- Log in to your Google Domains account and choose the Domains you would like to manage.
- Then, select the DNS tab on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Synthetic records section.
- Select Subdomain Forward in the dropdown on the left side.
- Enter in Temporary Redirect 301 and then choose the correct Domain you want to edit in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the subdomain you want to forward and the URL you want to forward it to.
- Make sure the destination URL is formatted as https://www.yourdomain.com.
- Lastly, select Add and test it in your browser: